JOHANNESBURG, Dec. 3, 2012 /PRNewswire/ - Atlatsa Resources Corporation ("Atlatsa" or the "Company") (TSXV: ATL; NYSE MKT: ATL; JSE: ATL) refers shareholders to the announcements released on 2 February 2012, 3 May 2012, 14 June 2012, 27 July 2012,7 September 2012 and 22 October 2012 respectively, relating to the agreement of key terms in respect of a transaction to restructure, recapitalize and refinance Atlatsa and the Bokoni group of companies ("Bokoni group") (the "Restructure Plan"), as well as the media releases on 27 September 2012 and 2 October 2012 relating to the conclusion of the interim implementation agreement relating to the consolidation of the Bokoni group debt and consequent reduction in its cost of borrowing ("the phase one agreement").
On 1 October, 2012 an unprotected strike commenced at Bokoni Platinum Mines ("Bokoni Mine") as a consequence of the strike contagion within the PGM sector in South Africa. As a result of the strike, approximately 2,500 employees at Bokoni Mine were dismissed and management is in the process of re-hiring with a view to re-commencing operations as soon as possible. No operations, other than essential services, have taken place at Bokoni Mine since commencement of the strike.
The Bokoni Mine's future operational plan and financing strategy is currently under review, having regard to the negative impact of the current strike action. The results of this review and its impact will be taken into consideration pursuant to the Company and Anglo American Platinum Ltd completing phase two of the Restructure Plan, anticipated to be finalized during the first quarter of 2013.
Once the negotiations and definitive agreements relating to phase two of the Restructure Plan have been completed, the Company will publish the financial effects of the Restructure Plan and post its circular to shareholders seeking necessary approvals for its implementation.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV