At the Odette International Conference and Exhibition for Supply Chain Management, IT and Telecommunications, QAD, (NASDAQ:QADA) (NASDAQ:QADB), a leading provider of enterprise business software and services for global manufacturing companies, today announced QAD senior director, automotive vertical, Terry Onica will address best practices for supply chain management in the automotive industry. Onica will provide an overview about the Materials Management Operations Guidelines/Logistics Evaluation (MMOG/LE) global training, the process and the critical success factors. Joining Onica, representatives from General Motors, ZF Group and WABCO Vehicle Control Systems, will present their success stories from their respective implementations of MMOG/LE.
MMOG/LE was first introduced in 2002 by the Automotive Industry Action Group (AIAG) and its European counterpart Odette to improve global supply chains in the areas of materials management and logistics performance, and provide a self-assessment process for evaluating supplier performance. The MMOG/LE assessment automatically scores a supplier’s capabilities and identifies necessary actions for continuous improvement.
According to AIAG and Odette, suppliers around the world have improved supply chain operations with MMOG/LE, documenting:
- 25-50 percent reduction in raw materials and finished goods
- 30-85 percent reduction in premium freight
- 80 percent reduction in obsolescence costs
- 50 percent reduction to train employees on a new plant launch
- 20 percent improvement in monthly customer delivery ratings
- Increased delivery performance with sub-suppliers (Tier 2)
“The MMOG/LE assessment developed by Odette and AIAG has been a great global success,” said John Canvin, executive director at Odette. “Its recognition as a key supply chain performance improvement tool continues to grow each year as companies continue to adopt it worldwide. Our partner QAD has been instrumental in our success by helping us to deliver world-class training in many parts of the world.”MMOG/LE was developed by the automotive industry. Most OEMs today promote and recommend the training to their suppliers to help them achieve preferred supplier status and improve performance. Yet, AIAG and Odette report growing interest in and use of MMOG/LE in hospitals, construction, aerospace, chemistry, electronics, industrial and retail, positioning MMOG/LE as a benchmark and development tool for other manufacturing industries.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV