An Apple Television
Steve Jobs revealed in his biography that he had "finally cracked" how to create an Apple television, something he had longed to do for years.
There is increasing speculation that the company will come out with a television set, perhaps as early as next year. Piper Jaffray analyst Gene Munster recently made some comments that Apple could be planning to release multiple sizes of the television.CEO Tim Cook has overseen the launch of the Verizon (VZ) iPhone and the iPhone 4S, but the iPhone originally launched under Jobs. An Apple-branded TV would be the first venture into a new product area with Cook at the helm. Review: The Apple TV didn't happen in 2012, but speculation continues to abound that an Apple-branded television set is forthcoming. In a recent investor call discussing Apple's fourth-quarter earnings, Cook said he thought there's more for Apple to do with its living room strategy. "We continue to focus on it and continue to believe there is something more there and continue to pull the string to see where it takes us," Cook said on the call. Grade: Incomplete (We may eventually see an Apple television set, perhaps as early as 2013, according to one Wall Street analyst). What it will offer to consumers is anybody's guess, but here are some thoughts on potential features.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV