NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Prior to the end of last year, I made ten predictions for 2012 that I thought would come true in the technology sector.
Some of the companies mentioned were Facebook (FB), Apple (AAPL), Groupon (GRPN), AT&T (T), and a host of others. Public, private and companies that were public that became private were subjected to my musings about the tech sector, and the economy as a whole.
On a whole, I would say I did okay with my predictions, though not as well as I would've liked. Some I nailed, some I did okay on, and others make me think twice about quitting my day job and becoming a prognosticator.
Here are last year's tech predictions before you go any further.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV