Already available in 47 countries, the iPhone 5 will reach more than 50 additional countries in December, according to the Cupertino, Calif.-based company. These include Brazil, China, Russia and Taiwan.
In a statement released before market open, Apple confirmed that the fast-growing tech markets are among 33 countries receiving the iPhone 5 on Dec 14. A further 20 countries, including Egypt and Vietnam, will receive the phone on Dec. 21.
Launched amid much fanfare in September, Apple has already lauded the iPhone 5 as the fastest-selling phone in history. Despite appearing late in the third quarter, Apple sold an impressive 6 million iPhone 5s during the period, according to tech research firm Strategy Analytics.Apple, however, faces intense competition from smartphone rival Samsung, which has been enjoying great success with its Galaxy S III. Shares of Apple rose 1.42% to $593.6 shortly after the markets opened Monday, outpacing the Nasdaq's gain of 0.6%. --Written by James Rogers in New York. Follow @jamesjrogers >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV