NEW YORK, Dec. 3, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Grandparents.com, Inc. (OTCBB: GPCM), The Trusted Resource for Grandparents™ and the leading social media website for America's 70 million grandparents, announced today that it has risen to the # 8 position on the Top Ten list of Most Shared Brands on Facebook.
According to the analytics firm Track Social, the top ten most shared brands on Facebook include:
1. The Walt Disney Company
2. Huffington Post (owned by AOL Time Warner)3. National Geographic (owned by News Corporation) 4. Cheezburger 5. Fox News (owned by News Corporation) 6. Red Bull 7. ABC News (owned by The Walt Disney Company) 8. GRANDPARENTS.COM 9. NPR 10. BMW http://www.businessinsider.com/top-brand-holiday-2012-11?op=1 Steve Leber, the company's Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, said, "We are in great company on this top ten list. The reason we loved Grandparents.com from day one was because we believed, based on 70 million grandparents, an aging population with greater longevity, and tremendous purchasing power of this demographic group, that we could grow to become one of the top brands on the Internet. Our brand continues to resonate with America's grandparents. Being in the top ten of the most shared brands on Facebook -- along with such great brands as Disney, Huffington Post and National Geographic, demonstrates the significance of the grandparents.com brand to our audience and the emotional connection we foster with our highly engaged, 21 st Century grandparents.com members." Joe Bernstein, Co-Chief Executive Officer, added, "Our Editorial and Social Media Teams have done a brilliant job growing Grandparents.com's Facebook presence in only a few short months since we launched our website. We have the highest engagement ratio on the top ten list. Plus, our innovative social platform continues to be one of the fastest growing websites on the Internet, with membership growth of over 500% so far this year - to more than 1.8 million members from 350,0000 members when the company went public in February." "We clearly have one of the top audiences in the country to focus our business on and to market to. Our demographic of 70 million grandparents comprises one of the largest groups in the U.S., and they hold close to 50% of the nation's wealth," added Jeffrey Mahl, President. "According to a 2011 MetLife 'Report on America's Grandparents', one in three Americans will be a grandparent by 2020." https://www.metlife.com/mmi/research/american-grandparents-insights-new-grandparents.html#findings "And, we are very focused on continuing the development of multiple revenue streams to serve our members' diverse lifestyles, needs and desires – including e-commerce, travel, entertainment, advertising, insurance and financial services. Our members also love gaming, so we are already preparing for the much anticipated introduction of Internet Gaming across the U.S." For additional information, please visit: www.grandparents.com. ABOUT GRANDPARENTS.COM, INC. Grandparents.com, Inc. launched its website on Grandparents Day in September 2012. Our goal is to connect, inform and inspire today's families and be The Trusted Resource for Grandparents™ by earning their trust. Following our launch, we will continue to unveil new, enriching experiences for our users. Our stories and videos celebrate the role of grandparents, and encourage them to tell their own stories, passing on a meaningful legacy to their children and grandchildren. Our mission is to give our members the best information for all areas of their lives -- from activities and crafts to make with their grandchildren, to health, travel and financial advice just for them. We are all about serving our members with the best content, products and services, and tapping our country's greatest resource -- America's grandparents, for the good of future generations of grandchildren. Forward-Looking Statements Various statements in this release, including those that express a belief, expectation or intention, may be considered "forward-looking statements" that involve risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from projected results. Accordingly, investors should not place undue reliance on forward-looking statements as a prediction of actual results. The forward-looking statements may include projections and estimates concerning the timing and success of specific projects. Forward-looking statements may also include projections and estimates concerning our future operating results and financial condition. When we use the words "will," "believe," "intend," "expect," "may," "should," "anticipate," "could," "estimate," "plan," "predict," "project," or their negatives, or other similar expressions, the statements which include those words are usually forward-looking statements. When we describe strategy that involves risks or uncertainties, we are making forward-looking statements. The forward-looking statements in this press release speak only as of the date of this press release; we disclaim any obligation to update these statements. We have based these forward-looking statements on our current expectations and assumptions about future events. While our management considers these expectations and assumptions to be reasonable, they are inherently subject to significant business, economic, competitive, regulatory and other risks, contingencies and uncertainties, most of which are difficult to predict and many of which are beyond our control.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts