AOL Inc. today announced that Barb Dybwad, a former editor at Engadget, Joystiq and TUAW, will rejoin the AOL team as director of new business development for all three properties.
Dybwad returns to AOL after a 4 year absence, during which time she held a number of roles at start-ups on both the editorial and business side. Her previous roles include vice president of content at Tecca, a news and information site about consumer electronics, director of production at Crowd Fusion, the collaborative Web and mobile publishing platform, and senior editor at Mashable.
“The breadth of Barb’s experience on both the editorial and business side of media in the consumer electronics world is first-class,” said Ned Desmond, GM of AOL’s technology properties. “Her entrepreneurial outlook will help us drive the creation of new business ideas for our hugely successful brands. For starters, she will help us create a powerful event series for Engadget.”
“Coming back to AOL to expand the presence of our tech properties with new partnerships and projects is a natural next step for me,” said Dybwad. “I’m really looking forward to working with old colleagues and friends in new ways.”About AOL Tech AOL’s technology media brands are at the forefront of the industry, obsessively covering news and reviews while offering in-depth analysis and expertise both online and off through conferences and events. Engadget is a reviews and opinion outlet covering cutting-edge gadgets, consumer electronics and the science and technology behind them since 2009. Joystiq, founded in 2004, is the definitive source for news and information on the video game industry. TUAW, The Unofficial Apple Weblog since 2004, is a resource for information and analysis about Apple news and related products. All of AOL’s tech properties are in constant pursuit of new opportunities to engage audiences on a local and global scale.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV