WASHINGTON, Dec. 3, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The National Fish and Wildlife Foundation (NFWF) and Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) today announced a deadline extension for the Environmental Solutions for Communities environmental grant program for 2013. The new deadline for grant consideration is Dec. 17, 2012.
"Due to the overwhelmingly positive interest in our environmental grant program, we are extending our deadline to allow more organizations an opportunity to apply for funding in 2013," said Ashley Grosh, Wells Fargo head of Environment Philanthropy. "This has become a highly competitive program for environmental and community-based projects with a positive impact on communities across the country."
"We are looking for the best ideas and programs to protect and conserve the environment for local communities," said Jeff Trandahl, executive director and CEO of NFWF. "Through Wells Fargo's generous contributions, these community-based habitat restoration projects will not only provide immediate benefits to fish and wildlife, but also help to build a local environmental stewardship ethic."
As part of Wells Fargo's $100 million philanthropy commitment to nonprofits and universities by 2020, a $15 million, five-year relationship with NFWF was created and launched earlier in 2012 to promote environmental stewardship across the country. The Wells Fargo Environmental Solutions for Communities grant program, funded by the Wells Fargo Foundation and administered by NFWF, received nearly 500 applications for the first round of funding in 2012.The goal of the Wells Fargo-NFWF grant partnership and program is to provide grants for highly impactful projects that link economic development and community well-being to the stewardship and health of the environment. The program will fund proposals in select cities/regions (see website for full list) in the following areas:
- sustainable agriculture and forestry
- conservation of land and water resources
- restoration of urban ecosystems
- clean energy infrastructure
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV