The No. 2 PC maker was also one of the most active premarket Nasdaq stocks on share volume of 676,746.
Citing sources close to the matter, TechCrunch reported that Whatsapp has been in talks to be acquired by Facebook.Whatsapp has not yet responded to TheStreet's request for comment on this story. Facebook declined to comment when contacted by TheStreet. Research In Motion (RIMM) shares dipped 1.21% to $11.46 before market open. Microsoft (MSFT) shares rose 0.62% to $26.78, while Sirius XM (SIRI) gained 1.27% to reach $2.80. --Written by James Rogers in New York. Follow @jamesjrogers >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV