SEATTLE, Dec. 3, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Seattle-based Nordstrom, Inc. (NYSE: JWN) today announced plans to move its full-line store located at South Bay Galleria three miles south to Del Amo Fashion Center in order to better serve customers throughout the South Bay area. The two-level, 138,000 square-foot store will open in 2015 as part of a major renovation of Del Amo Fashion Center.
Relocating will allow the company to build a brand new store featuring the latest design concepts and join a revitalization effort that will transform Del Amo into one of the region's top fashion destinations.
"We feel fortunate that we've been able to serve South Bay for nearly 30 years and are excited about this chance to bring a better store to our loyal customers here," said Erik Nordstrom, president of stores for Nordstrom, Inc. "While we're grateful for the business we've been able to do at South Bay Galleria over the years, we feel relocating gives us our best chance to deliver a more compelling shopping experience. We look forward to working with Simon and being part of this terrific redevelopment at Del Amo so that we can continue taking care of our South Bay area customers for many years to come."
As Simon announced today, Del Amo will undergo a comprehensive redevelopment beginning next year. Planned upgrades include a redeveloped north wing that will feature other fashion and specialty retailers along with Nordstrom. The renovation will also result in more parking, improved customer access to the mall, an updated garden-inspired dining area, fresh landscaping, interior refurbishments and numerous other amenities throughout the center. Del Amo Fashion Center is owned by Simon Property Group, Inc. (NYSE: SPG), the world's leading retail real estate company and institutional investors advised by J.P. Morgan Asset Management.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV