LAS VEGAS, Dec. 3, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Today at the 2012 American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP) Midyear Meeting & Exhibition, CareFusion Corp. (NYSE: CFN), a leading, global medical technology company, announced multiple new products that are designed to help improve medication safety.
"Our enterprise-wide approach to medication safety extends beyond device hardware to provide valuable information that helps improve safety and workflow efficiency," said Tom Leonard, president of Medical Systems at CareFusion. "Never in our history have we had stronger or more innovative technologies to help clinicians keep patients safe and help lower hospital costs."
New offerings being showcased at CareFusion booth #1949 include:
Pyxis ® ES platform (Pyxis ® Anesthesia ES system, Pyxis MedStation ® ES system, Pyxis ® Enterprise Server)
- Pyxis® Anesthesia ES system with Pyxis Enterprise Server: The Pyxis Anesthesia ES system is the newest offering available on the Pyxis ES platform, following last year's introduction of the Pyxis MedStation ® ES system. This innovative solution extends the value of the Pyxis ES Platform to the operating room (OR) and procedural areas for a single hospital or across a health system. Powered by the Pyxis Enterprise Server, the Pyxis Anesthesia ES system offers the same innovative centralized system management and enterprise-wide capabilities as the Pyxis MedStation ES system, including enhanced formulary and user management for pharmacy and improved system management for information technology (IT) departments. Redesigned from the ground up, Pyxis Anesthesia ES system provides simple, safe patient-centric workflows and security enhancements that promote hospital compliance efforts and help protect patients, anesthesia providers and pharmacy personnel.
- Pyxis MedStation® ES system with Pyxis Enterprise Server: Introduced in 2011, this new system features centralized system management capabilities not previously seen in other medication management systems. New integration capabilities with existing hospital systems provide one system formulary and enhanced user management across the health system. The system also provides patient-centric clinical workflow efficiencies with an improved user interface that provides comprehensive medication information in one place.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV