Iron Mountain Incorporated (NYSE: IRM), the information storage and management company, today announced that its Board of Directors has voted unanimously to appoint William Meaney President and Chief Executive Officer and a member of the Board, effective Jan. 7, 2013. He will succeed longtime Executive Chairman and CEO Richard Reese, who announced his intention to retire after 31 years at the Company.
Meaney, 52, comes to Iron Mountain with more than 20 years of experience successfully overseeing diverse businesses in the United States, Europe, Asia and Africa. His track record over this time reveals a proven ability to drive growth even in challenging environments and maximize returns on investment in capital intensive businesses. Most recently, Meaney served as CEO of the Hong Kong-based Zuellig Group, a $12 billion, primarily business-to-business conglomerate that saw sales triple during his eight-year tenure from 2004-2012.
Prior to leading The Zuellig Group, Meaney spent five years in the airline industry, serving as the Chief Commercial Officer and Managing Director of publicly-traded Swiss International Airlines from December 2002 to January 2004 and Executive Vice President of South African Airways from 1998 to 2001. Meaney helped lead both airlines through challenging times and eventual turnarounds that netted higher profitability and improved returns on capital.
Earlier in his career, Meaney served as the acting CEO of South African Vaccine Producers; the Founder and Managing Director of Genhro Management Consultancy; and a principal of Strategic Planning Associates, now part of the Oliver Wyman Group. Meaney currently serves on the board of Qantas Airways Limited. He is a trustee of both Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute and Carnegie Mellon University, where he earned his bachelor’s in mechanical engineering and a master’s in industrial administration, respectively.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV