Neil Koehler, Pacific Ethanol’s CEO, stated, "During the third quarter, Pacific Ethanol used sorghum for approximately 30 percent of the feedstock at our Stockton plant. Blended with corn, sorghum has similar conversion properties to corn and produces even lower carbon ethanol."
Chromatin is exploring other opportunities to grow sorghum grain in California and expects to expand its production in 2013.
About Chromatin, Inc.
Chromatin, Inc. is focused on developing sorghum, both for traditional
agriculture and for applications in renewable energy. Chromatin provides
high quality sorghum seeds to growers and producers who are attracted to
the crop’s rapid maturation, tolerance to heat, cold and drought, and
high yields. Chromatin has optimized its product portfolio to create
sorghum feedstocks that serve as ideal renewable resources for emerging
bio-based industries such as liquid transportation fuels, chemicals,
materials, and biopower. Today, Chromatin’s products are sold in the US
and in more than 20 countries, and its sorghum seeds are planted on over
4 million acres worldwide. For additional information, please visit
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV