WORCESTER, Mass., Dec. 3, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Mass Megawatts Wind Power, Inc. (OTC: MMMW) today announces the availability of affordable, green energy as a product line for consumers in the Northeast region of the United States. The company offers electric power at competitive rates to commercial and residential electricity users in several states, including Connecticut, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Delaware and Illinois.
Mass Megawatts plans to leverage their knowledge of the wind power industry in their offering of competitive green power to electrical users across the Northeast. The expansion into the retail electrical market is a logical, strategic progression that diversifies their business model while improving future earnings potential.
In other recent news, Mass Megawatts recently completed a wind augmentation system in Charlton, Massachusetts that utilizes a less complicated and inexpensive wind-focusing technique to increase the wind velocity directed at the turbine by an average of 70%. This accelerated wind speed, in turn, results in a significant, three-fold increase in the electrical power generated by the turbine.
Using horizontal or propeller type turbine blades, the cost per rated kilowatt is projected to be less than $1000 and anticipated to approach $600 in mass production. This compares very favorably with traditional wind power systems that realize a cost of $1500 to $2000 per rated kilowatt.With its patented, wind augmentation system, a new retail sales business, and very little debt, Mass Megawatts believes it is well positioned to ramp-up production of its new augmentation units in the shorter term while expanding its infrastructure to support mass-production goals in the longer term.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV