Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) has delivered to GrainCorp Limited (ASX: GNC) a revised non-binding proposal, with the aim of arriving at an agreement with GrainCorp’s Board of Directors under which they would recommend to GrainCorp shareholders an acquisition by ADM of all of GrainCorp for A$12.20 a share in cash, with shareholders keeping the dividend of A$0.35 announced on Nov. 15.
ADM’s revised non-binding proposal is subject to GrainCorp granting ADM access to conduct confirmatory due diligence, completion of that due diligence satisfactory to the ADM Board, and a recommendation from the GrainCorp Board. ADM is ready to commence due diligence immediately and expeditiously. Any agreement to acquire GrainCorp shares would also be subject to limited conditions which are available at on the company website www.adm.com.
“We consider that our revised non-binding proposal reflects the value of GrainCorp’s business, taking into account GrainCorp’s 2012 results, its new initiatives announced on Nov. 15, and its recently announced ordinary and special dividends totaling A$0.35. Our proposal also offers more certainty, greater value and immediate realization of potential future value for GrainCorp shareholders than GrainCorp’s stand-alone plan,” said ADM Chairman and CEO Patricia Woertz. “ADM is a disciplined buyer, and any combination with GrainCorp must meet our key financial hurdles, taking into consideration the impact of the Australian agricultural cycle on GrainCorp’s earnings power.”
ADM’s proposed price represents a material increase of A$0.80 from the initial proposal of A$11.75 made on Oct. 19, after allowing for the recent dividends totaling A$0.35. The revised non-binding proposal represents 1:
- a 39.6 percent premium to the last closing price of GrainCorp shares of A$8.74 on Oct. 18;
- a 38.8 percent premium to the one-month, volume-weighted average GrainCorp share price of A$8.79 up to Oct. 18;
- a 35.7 percent premium to the six-month, volume-weighted average GrainCorp share price of A$8.99 up to Oct. 18; and
- a 45.9 percent premium to the twelve-month, volume-weighted average GrainCorp share price of A$8.36 up to Oct. 18.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV