- gave more than $590 million in charitable contributions in 2011 (including cash, products, and other in-kind donations), including through the company's patient assistance programs, which helped more than 250,000 people;
- unveiled The Lilly Global Health Innovation Campaign, which encompassses two of Lilly's signature corporate responsibility programs – The Lilly NCD Partnership and The Lilly MDR-TB Partnership – aimed at improving health for people in need in developing countires;
- received a perfect score of 100 on the Human Rights Campaign's "Best Places to Work: Corporate Equality Index" in 2011;
- selected 200 employees to volunteer two weeks each, on company time, in countries where people lack resources or access to quality health care;
- reduced serious injury and lost-time injury rates each by 50 percent (from 2007 baseline);
- decreased water intake by more than 25 percent and waste to landfill by 40 percent compared to 2007;
- improved energy efficiency by more than 15 percent, compared to 2007, and reduced corresponding greenhouse gas emissions by more than 15 percent.
Lilly Releases Update On Corporate Responsibility Efforts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.