INDIANAPOLIS, Dec. 3, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Eli Lilly and Company (NYSE: LLY) has released its 2011/2012 Corporate Responsibility Update ( www.lilly.com/Documents/Lilly_2011_2012_CRupdate.pdf). This report highlights progress and initiatives since Lilly's 2010/2011 full Corporate Responsibility Report. The update, as well as last year's full report, is available on Lilly's website at www.lilly.com.
"Increasingly, we are integrating the concept of 'shared value' into the way we operate," said John C. Lechleiter, Ph.D., Lilly chairman, president and chief executive officer. "Using our business expertise to help address pressing social needs opens up new opportunities for us to provide solutions to health challenges the world over. We believe this approach will help to create enduring value for society and for Lilly. By making individual patients better, we help those patients—as well as their communities and broader societies—to thrive."
Lilly, a leader in advocating for greater transparency by the biopharmaceutical industry, provides a comprehensive report of the company's progress on numerous corporate responsibility goals and efforts. The report includes updates on longstanding programs, as well as data for 2011.Included in the report are highlights indicating that Lilly:
- gave more than $590 million in charitable contributions in 2011 (including cash, products, and other in-kind donations), including through the company's patient assistance programs, which helped more than 250,000 people;
- unveiled The Lilly Global Health Innovation Campaign, which encompassses two of Lilly's signature corporate responsibility programs – The Lilly NCD Partnership and The Lilly MDR-TB Partnership – aimed at improving health for people in need in developing countires;
- received a perfect score of 100 on the Human Rights Campaign's "Best Places to Work: Corporate Equality Index" in 2011;
- selected 200 employees to volunteer two weeks each, on company time, in countries where people lack resources or access to quality health care;
- reduced serious injury and lost-time injury rates each by 50 percent (from 2007 baseline);
- decreased water intake by more than 25 percent and waste to landfill by 40 percent compared to 2007;
- improved energy efficiency by more than 15 percent, compared to 2007, and reduced corresponding greenhouse gas emissions by more than 15 percent.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV