The Howard Hughes Corporation (NYSE: HHC) and Dillard’s, Inc. (NYSE: DDS) today announced that the department store is the latest anchor to be part of The Shops at Summerlin. The Shops at Summerlin, one of the premier regional mixed-use development sites in the U.S., is part of a planned urban center which will serve the entire Las Vegas Valley. When complete, it will include retail, entertainment, office, hotel and multi-family residential, designed to create a vibrant, walkable urban core in the heart of the affluent 22,500-acre master planned community.
The Shops at Summerlin will feature over 125 stores and restaurants in an open-air shopping environment with pedestrian thoroughfares and engaging storefronts. The contemporary “Main Street” concept will incorporate cooling shade features, rich desert landscaping and outdoor dining to create a destination with an authentic Las Vegas sophistication and glamour. The 106-acre, 1.5 million square foot complex along the Clark Country 215 Beltway will also include a nine-story office building.
Dillard’s will build a two-level, 200,000-square-foot store in The Shops at Summerlin, with opening scheduled for fall 2014. Originally entering the market in 1984, The Shops at Summerlin marks the company’s fourth Las Vegas location and will feature Dillard’s latest enhancements in store design presenting a boutique-like format throughout the store.
"We are pleased to announce another important milestone as we add Dillard’s to The Shops at Summerlin, building momentum for what will be the leading retail, entertainment and dining destination in the Las Vegas Valley," said David R. Weinreb, Chief Executive Officer of The Howard Hughes Corporation. "Retailer response to the development has been tremendous as we work to create an unmatched experience for the western rim of the Las Vegas Valley and beyond.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV