Fluor Corporation (NYSE: FLR) announced today that the company was awarded a new project by Saudi Arabian Mining Company (Ma’aden). Fluor’s scope of work is to provide project management consulting (PMC) services related to the development of the Umm Wu’al greenfield phosphate project and related facilities in northern Saudi Arabia. Fluor will book approximately $200 million related to the contract in the fourth quarter of 2012.
The project kick-off was commemorated at a contract signing ceremony held on December 1 in Saudi Arabia where Ma’aden representatives, local dignitaries and Fluor senior executives were present including Chairman & Chief Executive Officer David Seaton.
Fluor’s scopes of work on the Umm Wu’al project will include the following areas:
- provide overall PMC services for the development of the Umm Wu’al phosphate project;
- supervise and manage the feasibility study including the development of basic design packages which is undertaken by FEED contractor;
- manage the development, strategy, and tendering of engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) packages; and
- manage and supervise all EPC contractors during EPC stage until project turnover closeout.
“The Middle East has always been an important market for Fluor and we are delighted that our relationship with Ma'aden is expanding with the award of this significant project. We are honored that our client in Saudi Arabia recognizes the value that Fluor brings to a complex project like Umm Wu’al,” said Rick Koumouris, Fluor’s business line lead for Mining & Metals. "We will look forward to working closely with our client and bringing to bear all of the tools in our arsenal - especially our world class safety culture and rigorous processes and procedures - to secure the success of this project.”Fluor will execute the Umm Wu’al project from its offices in Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia with support from other global Fluor locations. The company has set a goal of at least 20 percent local Saudi labor content on the project beginning in year one. Once completed, the Umm Wu’al project will have an annual capacity of 100,000 metric tons per annum (MTPA) of food grade purified phosphoric acid; 90,000 MTPA of industrial grade sodium tripoly phosphate; 250,000 MTPA of animal feed grade dicalum phosphate/monocalcium phosphate; along with 280,000,000 MTPA of phosphate and compound fertilizers. The project will likely leverage much of the existing infrastructure including port, rail and other developments put in place by the Saudi Arabia Government.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV