ANAHEIM, Calif., Dec. 3, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Pacific Sunwear of California, Inc. (Nasdaq: PSUN) (collectively, "PacSun") hosted the inaugural 'Common Threads' event, an industry celebration honoring companies and people who have been influential and inspirational this past year, on Saturday, December 1 at Lot 613 in downtown Los Angeles. Headlined by California-native Snoop Dogg, the 'Common Threads' event was attended by more than 700 leaders, insiders and influencers in the fashion, music, art and action sports industries.
A night dedicated to celebrating California culture, PacSun featured four prominent Los Angeles based artists -- Gareth Stehr, Cody Comrie, Justin Fry and Lia Halloran – whose varied styles exemplified the diversity and creativity of California. In addition to the art display, guests enjoyed music by DJ Them Jeans and Roam, as well as a special musical performance by rapper Snoop Dogg, who performed hits such as "What's My Name" and "Gin & Juice."
"Given PacSun's 30-year history of championing California lifestyle and action sports, the 'Common Threads' event was an opportunity for us to recognize and celebrate with our industry partners and peers," said Gary Schoenfeld, CEO of PacSun. "PacSun's brand essence and merchandise has been and will continue to be heavily influenced by everything that makes up California -- from music festivals and underground concerts to vintage fashion prints and emerging designers to action sports and inspiring athletes."During the evening PacSun bestowed six Common Threads Awards to a select group of individuals and corporations that demonstrated leadership and ingenuity in the categories of social responsibility, innovation, action sports, music, style and art. The Common Threads Awards were presented to the following individuals and entities, along with a $5,000 donation to a designated charity in each recipient's name:
- Social Responsibility: HURLEY H2O PROGRAM The H2O Program is both innovative and authentic to the brand's water-based roots. In 2008, the Hurley H2O program started with a clear mission: get clear water to every single person who needs it. Through partnerships and a continued effort to make sure water is always top of mind, clear water has been brought to people in places such as Haiti, Brazil, India and the U.S., most recently to the victims of Superstorm Sandy. In recognition, PacSun made a donation to Hurley H2O Program
- Innovation: GOLDENVOICE By delivering the most talent in the most unexpected venues, Goldenvoice uses their unparalleled innovation to push the musical performance experience. Constantly creating new ways to experience 'the music festival,' Coachella forever changed concerts this year by resurrecting one of the most legendary artists of all time, Tupac Shakur. In recognition, PacSun made a donation to Global Inheritance
- Action Sports: NYJAH HUSTON One of the most recognized and celebrated professional skateboarders in the world, Nyjah's smooth and consistent style sets him apart from the competition. He has become a leader for a new generation of skaters. In recognition, PacSun made a donation to Let It Flow.
- Music: GASLAMP KILLER With an energy and passion for music, Gaslamp Killer is truly inspirational and has changed everything one thought about DJ-ing. In recognition, PacSun made a donation to Tree Media Foundation.
- Style: LOVE+MADE LOVE+MADE has made their mark in fashion by incorporating contemporary fashion with street wear sensibilities. They've earned respect in the industry by partnering with the most iconic and influential brands on a wide range of projects. In recognition, PacSun made a donation to Fashion Delivers.
- Art: KNOWN GALLERY Curating industry leading shows with everyone from Saber to Hello Kitty, Known Gallery bridges a diverse audience that not only includes traditional art lovers, but also a new generation of enthusiastic creative people who follow the worldwide culture of contemporary art. In recognition, PacSun made a donation to City of Hope.