News Corporation (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV) announced that Tom Mockridge, who has served as Chief Executive Officer of News International since July 2011, will leave the company at the end of the year to pursue outside opportunities.
Rupert Murdoch, Chairman and CEO of News Corporation, commented: “For nearly 22 years, it has been my pleasure to have Tom Mockridge as a colleague. Whether it was his early days with our newspaper group in Australia, his incredible work building SKY Italia, or his steadfast leadership of News International, Tom has always been a skilled executive and a trusted friend. His decision to step down is absolutely and entirely his own. I am sorry to see him leave us but I know he will be a great success wherever he goes.”
Mr. Mockridge joined News Ltd in Australia in 1991, was CEO of Foxtel from 1997 to 2000, spent a year with James Murdoch at Star TV, then transferred to New Zealand as CEO of what was then the Company’s newspaper operations and Chair of SkyNZ, before moving to Italy in 2002 to create Sky Italia. Subsequently he also assumed the role of CEO European Television, and serves on the Boards of BSkyB and Sky Deutschland and is Chair of Fox Turkey.
About News CorporationNews Corporation (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV) had total assets as of September 30, 2012 of approximately US$60 billion and total annual revenues of approximately US$34 billion. News Corporation is a diversified global media company with operations in six industry segments: cable network programming; filmed entertainment; television; direct broadcast satellite television; publishing; and other. The activities of News Corporation are conducted principally in the United States, Continental Europe, the United Kingdom, Australia, Asia and Latin America.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV