CARRIER ETHERNET APAC 2012 – Vitesse Semiconductor Corporation (NASDAQ: VTSS), a leading provider of advanced IC solutions for Carrier and Enterprise networks, announced that Pulsecom is using Vitesse’s Carrier Ethernet Switch Engines in their next-generation Ethernet Access and Network Interface Device ( NID) platform for broadband Ethernet service delivery in Access and Edge applications. Pulsecom, a subsidiary of Hubbell Incorporated (NYSE: HUBA, HUBB), selected Vitesse’s devices for their CE 2.0-compliant SuperG access/aggregation platforms, designed to support intelligent service-oriented networking capabilities for mobile backhaul, business services, as well as access and aggregation network and demarcation applications.
“We were looking for a solution with the intelligence and features to broaden our Carrier Ethernet offerings,” said Marco Mascitto, business development director at Pulsecom. “Vitesse’s devices were ideal for our SuperG Carrier Ethernet family with their highly accurate, integrated IEEE1588v2 timing and other Carrier-grade capabilities such as service aware classification, MEF-compliant policers, and ring and linear protection. This allowed us to quickly bring to market an advanced solution that delivers the intelligence, service availability and end-to-end performance management features required by today’s service providers.”
Vitesse’s Carrier Ethernet Switch Engine family features VeriTime™, Vitesse’s unique timing technology that delivers the industry’s most accurate IEEE1588v2 timing implementation. The family also brings advanced Quality of Service ( QoS) and Operations, Administration and Maintenance ( OAM) support, critical for service providers implementing multi-service delivery for mobile backhaul, cloud computing and business applications.
“Vitesse’s VeriTime technology enables customers such as Pulsecom to meet the stringent timing needs for Edge and Access broadband service delivery,” said Uday Mudoi, director of product marketing at Vitesse. “We remain committed to strategically advancing Ethernet with Carrier-class packet processing and timing for IP-based networking.”Pulsecom’s SuperG Family Highlights
- SuperG Multiservice Access Switch: Ethernet and DS1 access solution supporting multiple generations of cell site backhaul and evolving business service requirements;
- SuperG NID : CE 2.0-ready Ethernet access solution optimized for cell site and customer premise applications requiring MEF-compliant Ethernet services; and
- SuperG OSP: CE 2.0-ready access solution optimized for outdoor use.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV