NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Doug Kass of Seabreeze Partners is known for his accurate stock market calls and keen insights into the economy, which he shares with RealMoney Pro readers in his daily trading diary.
Among his posts this past week, Kass explained why investors should get behind the wheel with Ford and why the media are inflating fears about the fiscal cliff.
Please click here for information about subscribing to RealMoney Pro.
Ford Is Still a Katch
Originally published on Friday, Nov. 30 at 1:21 p.m. EST.
- Ford's five-year credit default swap spreads are the lowest in more than two years; and
- the price performance in Ford's shares are lagging the credit improvement.
Don't Believe the Hype
Originally published on Friday, Nov. 30 at 12:00 p.m. EST.
"Disaster has a way of not happening."The media's obsession with fiscal cliff fears is comparable to Carrie Mathison's preoccupation with Abu Nazir and Nicholas Brody on Homeland. In a recent series of columns on Real Money Pro I opined that not only are the fiscal cliff fears overblown but so are the economic, political, geopolitical and tax fears overblown. Nevertheless, the earnings cliff fears (which will ultimately limit Mr. Market's upside) are not overblown.
-- Byron Wien, vice chairman of Blackstone Advisory Partners
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV