Jim Cramer's Best Blogs
Dec 01, 2012 | 02:14 PM EST
J.C. Penney's Blip Posted at 3:35 p.m. EDT on Wednesday, Nov. 28 How important is IZOD to J.C. Penney (JCP - Get Report)? From the looks of today's action -- when I simply reiterated this morning what PVH (PVH - Get Report) CEO Manny Chirico said last night, that its IZOD brand is selling well at J.C. Penney -- it seems very important. But as is often the case, the way to play IZOD is with PVH. IZOD is one of the legacy brands that have gone from being a negative when it comes to growth -- not cash flow, as it is always bountiful-- to being a positive. You have 7% growth in legacy now vs. losses, and some of that is because of the push by J.C. Penney to feature IZOD as one of its key brands. The reason I say that you should play IZOD with PVH is simple: I don't know what J.C. Penney's making on IZOD, but I do know that PVH is being paid its price no matter what. For all I know, J.C. Penney's giving the stuff away.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV