Insurance Commissioner Responds To Concerns About Anti-Fraud Unit
OKLAHOMA CITY, Nov. 30, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Oklahoma Insurance Commissioner John D. Doak issued the following statement in response to reported concerns about the department's Anti-Fraud Unit.
"I'm happy to address any concerns people may have. I am very proud about what our Anti-Fraud Unit is doing, especially since it doesn't come at taxpayer expense. The Unit includes former OSBI agents, Tulsa homicide detectives, and other long-time law enforcement veterans. They are some of the most experienced criminal investigators in the state of Oklahoma. They investigate serious crimes including embezzlement, exploitation of the elderly and fraud. We've had cases where victims lost their life savings. We helped track that individual all the way to Florida where he was arrested. Our investigators also respond to natural disaster scenes, looking for unscrupulous contractors and making sure vulnerable consumers aren't victimized for a second time. Protecting Oklahomans is my top priority. I will do whatever I can to keep them and my investigators safe. The best part about the Anti-Fraud Unit is that it's funded by fines, penalties and multi-state settlements, not taxpayer dollars."
Facts about the Oklahoma Insurance Department (OID)
- In the last two years, the OID has returned $10 million to the state that the OID was legally authorized to spend.
- In FY 2011, the OID deposited $121,055,455 into the General Revenue Fund, $59,884,843 into the Firefighter's Pension Fund and $24,648,957 into the Police Pension Fund.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV