Nevertheless, companies that own/lease forested property for sale of lumber and other wood-based products may be a means for total return seekers to capitalize on a real estate renaissance. REITs like Plum Creek Timber (PCL) and forest product manufacturer Weyerhaeuser (WY) can be found in the list of holdings for Guggenheim Global Timber (CUT) as well as iShares Global Timber and Forestry (WOOD).
3.) Singapore ETFs. Singapore Telecom provides mobile services to nearly a half billion people in the Asia Pacific region. The company has a 10% weighting in iShares MSCI Singapore (EWS), helping to bolster the dividend yield to 3.6%. What's more, with Singapore rapidly become the center of the Asian financial universe, there are few places with as much "Street" credibility. Note: More adventurous souls might look to iShares Singapore Small Cap (EWSS).
Hesitant to revisit the Asia growth story? You shouldn't be. Not only is China's economy stabilizing, but Singapore boasts full employment (1.9% unemployed) as well as an enviable budget surplus that is 16.4% of GDP. Follow @ETFexpert This article was written by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV