DEARBORN, Mich., Nov. 30, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- Ford Motor Company is acting on behalf of its customers by conducting a voluntary safety recall of 2013 SE and SEL model Ford Escape vehicles equipped with the 1.6-liter engine and 2013 SE and SEL model Fusions equipped with the 1.6-liter engine
- The recall comes after reports of engines overheating, followed by vehicle fires starting in the engine compartment when the engine is running; no injuries have been reported
- Ford is advising owners of these vehicles to contact their dealer immediately for alternative transportation at no cost to the customer; U.S. owners also may call 866-436-7332 and Canadian customers also may call 888-222-7814 for details on securing alternative transportation
- Repair procedures are not currently available
- Customers can determine whether their vehicle is part of the recall by:
- Checking their 17-digit Vehicle Identification Number (VIN); the eighth character will be an "X" on Escapes or an "R" on Fusions,
- Logging onto Ford.com, select the "Support" tab, click "View Notices and Recalls" and input their VIN, or
- Calling the numbers listed above or contact their dealer
- Escapes equipped with the 2.0-liter and the 2.5-liter engines are unaffected as are Fusions equipped with the 2.5-liter and hybrid engines
Ford Motor Company (NYSE: F) today announced a voluntary safety recall of 2013 Ford Escape SE and SEL models equipped with the 1.6-liter engine and 2013 Ford Fusion SE and SEL models equipped with the 1.6-liter engine.
Ford estimates that there are approximately 73,320 Escapes and 15,833 Fusions produced and distributed for sale in the U.S. and Canada with 1.6-liter engines, with most in the U.S. market. The issue does not affect 2013 Escape or 2013 Fusion models with other engines.
Customers driving 2013 Escape vehicles equipped with the 1.6-liter engine and 2013 Fusion models equipped with the 1.6-liter engine are advised to contact their dealer as soon as possible to arrange for alternative transportation at no charge. Repair procedures are not currently available.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV