OAK BROOK, Ill., Nov. 30, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- TreeHouse Foods, Inc. (NYSE:THS) announced today that it has completed the acquisition of the assets of the Aseptic Cheese and Pudding business from Associated Milk Producers Inc. ("AMPI"), a dairy marketing cooperative based in New Ulm, Minnesota. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed, but are not expected to have a material effect on TreeHouse's results. The business sells products to foodservice and retail customers, and will be integrated into the Company's existing Bay Valley Foods aseptic operation which also produces cheese and pudding products primarily for its Food Away From Home segment.
"The addition of AMPI's aseptic cheese and pudding business will strengthen Bay Valley Foods' position as a market leader in these product categories and will expand our relationships with strategic customers," said Sam K. Reed, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer. "Together with the acquisition of Naturally Fresh, we have added approximately $100 million of annualized sales in 2012 with products that greatly complement our existing portfolio."
ABOUT TREEHOUSE FOODS
TreeHouse is a food manufacturer servicing primarily the retail grocery and foodservice distribution channels. Our products include non-dairy powdered creamers, private label canned soups, refrigerated and shelf stable salad dressings and sauces, powdered drink mixes, hot cereals, macaroni and cheese, skillet dinners, Mexican sauces, jams and pie fillings, pickles and related products, aseptic sauces, and liquid non-dairy creamer. TreeHouse believes it is the largest manufacturer of pickles and non-dairy powdered creamer in the United States and the largest manufacturer of private label salad dressings, powdered drink mixes and instant hot cereals in the United States and Canada based on sales volume.SOURCE TreeHouse Foods, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV