Resolution Copper Cutting Jobs Due To Uncertainty
SUPERIOR, Ariz. (AP) â¿¿ An Arizona mining company says it will suspend shaft and drilling work at its Superior operation and eliminate approximately 400 jobs as a result of continued uncertainty regarding a proposed land exchange.
Resolution Copper Mining says it'll try to place affected workers within other operations of Resolution or its parent company, Australia-based BHP Hilton.
The job reductions amount to about 75 percent of Resolution's workforce. The reductions are to start by the end of December and concluded by the end of March.
Resolution would swap 5,300 acres of land for conservation purposes for 2,400 acres of national forest land that company calls critical for its expansion plans.The exchange has been stalled in Congress for years, opposed by some conservationists and American Indians.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV