Books-A-Million, Inc. (Nasdaq/NM: BAMM) today announced that all BAM! stores will be supporting local charities through a Holiday Book and Toy Drive that begins on Saturday, December 1.
“We are excited to partner with over 180 local charities nationwide, and through the generosity of our customers help those in need this holiday season,” said Terrance G. Finley, Chief Executive Officer and President of Books-A-Million, Inc. “Each of our store teams have selected a charity in their area, and our associates are looking forward to giving back to their local community.”
Beginning Saturday, December 1 through Christmas Eve, customers can visit one of BAM’s more than 250 locations and purchase a book or toy that will be donated to a local charity. Customers will also be able to include a personalized bookplate with their donation, allowing for gifts to be donated in someone’s honor or memory.
Charities receiving donations during the Holiday Book and Toy Drive include, among many others, First Book in Cuyahoga Falls, OH; Shriners Hospital in Erie, PA; Whale’s Tale in Waterford, CT; Adoptive and Foster Families of Maine and Families Helping Families in Columbia, SC. The outreach efforts of these organizations range from literacy and fellowship to children’s health and hunger. A list of all the charities can be found online at www.booksamillion.com/bookandtoydrive.Items customers can consider donating this holiday season include: Books: Give the gift of a children’s classic with Dr. Seuss’s Green Eggs and Ham, Where the Wild Things Are or the Christmas favorite, The Polar Express. Popular kids’ books sure to thrill include Heroes of Olympus: The Mark of Athena, Dork Diaries and The 39 Clues: Cahills vs. Vespers. Toys: Open a world of imagination with the best toys, games and puzzles from Hasbro, Lego, Webkinz, Melissa and Doug, Lalaloopsy and Thomas the Train.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV