Businesses, Brushed Off by Banks, Look to Customers for Funding
Bia Sport already had a significant target customer base as well as backers. However, when the company went to raise its seed round of financing, investors wanted to see that there was a market for the product.
"I wish that we could say that we approached Kickstarter as this brilliant market strategy," says Cheryl Kellond, co-founder of Bia Sport. "We went there a little bit as a last resort."
That said, Kickstarter was a good platform to "prove to investors that we were developing a product that not only was there a market for,
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV