Pipeline Could Bring Tar Sands Crude To Quebec
PORTLAND, Maine (AP) â¿¿ An environmental group says Canadian pipeline company Enbridge has asked its government for permission to reverse the flow on a pipeline, bringing oil from western Canada to Montreal.
The Natural Resources Council of Maine says the move would open the door to bringing tars sands oil to New England for export. Currently, pipelines carry crude from Portland to Montreal, but the council thinks it could be reversed.
Dylan Voorhees, the council's clean energy director, said he's calling on the State Department to ensure a full review of any attempt to bring the oil into Maine.
Opponents warn that the heavy, acidic crude oil could corrode metal pipe, leading to a spill. They also argue the tar sands oil is dirtier than most and will further harm the air.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV