"Warming Hearts & Homes" Invites People To Use Technology, Social Media To Help Make A Difference
PLYMOUTH, Mich., Nov. 30, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Area residents are invited to use cell phone technology and social media to help make a difference this holiday season during Community Financial Credit Union's "Warming Hearts & Homes" program.
Community Financial announced the program today, which will contribute $30,000 to local non-profit organizations that help people in need stay warm through the winter.
The program, running from December 3 through December 21, encourages people to:
- Like Community Financial on Facebook at www.LikeCFCU.org
- Tweet Community Financial using "#CFCUWarms" or
- Text "CFCUwarms" to 70 000 on their cell phone.
Each week, Community Financial will donate $25 for every Like, Tweet or Text, to The Heat And Warmth Fund (THAW), local food pantries or the Salvation Army's Coats For Kids Program, up to $10,000 each."Engaging our members and area residents through these digital platforms allows them to participate with us in a new way to help make the holiday season brighter for those in need," said Bill Lawton, Community Financial president/CEO. "We are committed to supporting our communities and hope residents in the area help us and join in." For more information on Warming Hearts & Homes and other Community Financial information, please visit www.cfcu.org. About Community Financial Credit Union Headquartered in Plymouth, Michigan, membership in Community Financial Credit Union is open to anyone who lives, works, worships, volunteers, or attends school in the Michigan cities, townships or counties of Plymouth, Canton, Northville, Novi, Alpena, Otsego and Montmorency. With more than 50,000 members, Community Financial provides financial services to members at eight branch locations and through a variety of automated and online services. For more information, visit www.cfcu.org or call (877) 937-2328. SOURCE Community Financial Credit Union
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV