National Press Club To Host "NEWSMAKER" Media Briefing On The Fiscal Cliff And The Need To Protect Americans With Senator Bernie Sanders, Independent, Vermont
WASHINGTON, Nov. 30, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The following is being released by the National Press Club:
Newsmaker: Senator Bernie Sanders , Independent, Vermont
TOPIC: "THE FISCAL CLIFF AND THE NEED TO PROTECT AMERICANS"DATE: Wednesday, December 5TIME: 10 a.m.WHERE: Zenger Room of the National Press Club, 529 14th St. NW, Washington, DCThe junior U.S. senator representing Vermont, Sanders will discuss ongoing budget negotiations, the so-called fiscal cliff and the need to protect Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid from potential cuts. Sanders, a self-described democratic socialist, is the first person elected to the U.S. Senate to identify as a socialist in 60 years. As an Independent, he frequently caucuses with Democrats. Sanders composed an open letter to his Democratic colleagues in the Senate in which he laid out five points he believes should be opposed:
- Cutting Social Security benefits for current retirees.
- Cutting veterans' benefits.
- Raising the retirement age to 69 years.
- Cutting Social Security benefits for middle-class workers.
- Reducing tax rates for the wealthy and large corporations.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV