Lady Bird Johnson Forever Stamp Sheet Dedicated Today
The top stamp reads "Plant for more Beautiful Streets" and shows a row of blooming crab apple trees along a paved suburban road.
The second from the top offers the encouragement to "Plant for more Beautiful Parks," with an image of a field of daffodils along the Potomac River with the Washington Monument in the background.
"Plant for a more Beautiful America," the center stamp, depicts the Jefferson Memorial in the background seen through branches of flowering cherry blossoms.
The fourth stamp is a scene of yellow and blue wildflowers along a highway with the caption "Plant for more Beautiful Highways."The last stamp, which reads "Plant for more Beautiful Cities," shows plantings of pink and red azaleas and white tulips with the U.S. Capitol in the distance. The original engraved stamps — featuring art by Walter D. Richards (four stamps, issued in 1969) and Gyo Fujikawa (center stamp, issued in 1966) — have been adapted for printing in offset lithography by artist Paloma Alcalá of Alexandria, VA. The Lady Bird Johnson stamps are being issued as Forever stamps. Forever stamps are always equal in value to the current First-Class Mail 1-ounce price. How to Obtain the First-Day-of-Issue PostmarkCustomers have 60 days to obtain the first-day-of-issue postmark by mail. New stamps may be purchased at Post Offices, at usps.com/stamps or by calling 800-STAMP-24. They should affix the stamps to envelopes of their choice, address the envelopes to themselves or others and place them in larger envelopes addressed to: Lady Bird Johnson StampPostmaster 8225 Cross Park Drive Austin, TX 78710-9998 After applying the first-day-of-issue postmark, the Postal Service will return the envelopes through the mail. There is no charge for the postmark. All orders must be postmarked by Jan. 30, 2013. How to Order First-Day CoversThe Postal Service also offers first-day covers for new stamp issues and Postal Service stationery items postmarked with the official first-day-of-issue cancellation. Each item has an individual catalog number and is offered in the quarterly USA Philatelic Catalog, online at usps.com/shop , or by calling 800-782-6724. Customers may request a free catalog by calling 800-782-6724 or writing to: U.S. Postal ServiceCatalog RequestPO Box 219014 Kansas City, MO 64121-9014 Philatelic ProductsThere are seven philatelic products available for this stamp issue:
- 578562 First-Day Cover (Full Pane) $5.20
- 578563 First-Day Cover Set of 6, $5.34
- 578564 First-Day Cancelled (Full Pane) $5.20
- 578568 Digital Color Postmark Set of 6, $9.60
- 578584 Press Sheet without die cuts, $43.20
- 578591 Ceremony Program (random stamp), $6.95
- 578599 Keepsake SS/6 & DCP Set 6, $12.95
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV