Nov. 30, 2012
/PRNewswire/ -- As one of the world's largest startup economies,
is known for its entrepreneurs. From Starbucks to Microsoft to the vendors in Pike Place Market, the startup spirit in
has helped fuel the local economy. Today it receives another boost, with the launch of
– an online marketplace that helps local entrepreneurs make money doing what they love.
With the launch of
Zaarly Storefronts in Seattle
, we're empowering local chefs, handymen, yoga instructors, gardeners and other sellers to list and sell their skills and services. The Storefronts provide a one-stop, digital shop where the local community of
can discover their most talented and trusted service providers.
, in the ranks of other cities that are building their own local economies with Zaarly Storefronts.
"Launching Storefronts in
was a no brainer. Entrepreneurs are the heart of this city, and we wanted to give people another way to make money doing what they love," explained
, Zaarly CEO. "For buyers, Zaarly Storefronts will help
's residents connect with talented local entrepreneurs who can deliver amazing local services and custom made goods."
Meet Seattle's Talented Service Providers
Zaarly Storefronts will launch in
with several hundred listings from local entrepreneurs who come highly recommended by other
residents. Whether a buyer is looking for a
or even a
dance fitness instructor
, Zaarly Storefronts is the answer. For example:
- Want a custom craft cocktail menu for a holiday soiree? Mixologist Jordan Giarratano works with clients to tailor creative and delicious cocktails for private parties all over the city. As an artist and writer, he works with clients to find the most creative concepts and writes fun descriptions to go along with them. Along with his impeccable on-site bartending service, his libations are sure to make any party memorable.
- After being diagnosed with fibromyalgia at the age of 18, Rylie Haack turned to a 100% gluten-free diet. Although she was committed to her gluten-free lifestyle, she didn't want to give up sweets. After graduating from college with a degree in math and economics, she followed her passions all the way to culinary school before starting Rylie Cakes. Now she creates delicious gluten-free sweets like banana nut bread and chai oatmeal muffins.
- Don Meyers fell in love with carpentry while remodeling his house. Gradually, with practice, and some guidance from journeymen, classes, videos, and with an analytical approach to problems, he soon had acquaintances saying "Hey, Don! You did such a good job on your addition (or bathroom, or deck, or closet, or porch, or basement), how about helping me with mine?" After years working in the computer industry, he pursued his true passion and got his contractor's license.
- Sherree James started "Shake" to offer something for everyone in the field of dance-fitness. She offers five packs of any dance fitness class – from Zumba, Zumba toning, hip hop fitness to urban striptease -- for only $28. As a result of her passion for dance, Sherree recently won Western Seattle's best fitness instructor award.
to discover more amazing
-based sellers and service providers.
Zaarly Storefronts: Make Money Doing What You Love
Skilled individuals can apply to be featured in Zaarly's trusted network. After carefully considering each application, Zaarly chooses the best-of-the-best to be part of each community's local Storefront. Storefronts are currently available in
New York City
, with plans to roll out in additional cities in the coming weeks.
In addition, buyers can still ask for anything from tens of thousands of local, talented people in Zaarly's open marketplace or by using the Zaarly Anywhere button on sites like The Fancy, Everyday Health,
Los Angeles Times
, Cookstr and IKEAHackers.
Since launching in
, nearly half-a-million people have signed up for Zaarly. In
, Zaarly announced that it had added
, former CEO of eBay and current CEO of HP, to its board of directors.
Zaarly is a leading online marketplace to discover, hire and work with talented sellers and service providers in your neighborhood. Based in
San Francisco, CA
, Zaarly is backed by investors, including
Kleiner Perkins Caufield
& Byers, Sands Capital Ventures,
, Felicis Ventures,
, Naval Ravikant, Lightbank, SV Angel,
, Thrive Capital,
. Zaarly is currently available on the web, mobile web, Android and iPhone application. Visit
for more information.