Sprott Physical Silver Trust Announces Exercise Of Over-allotment Option By Underwriters In Follow-on Offering Of Trust Units
TORONTO, Nov. 30, 2012 /PRNewswire/ - Sprott Physical Silver Trust (the "Trust") (NYSE: PSLV) (TSX: PHS.U), a trust created to invest and hold substantially all of its assets in physical silver bullion and managed by Sprott Asset Management LP, today announced that the underwriters for the previously announced follow-on public offering (the "Offering") of units ("Units") of the Trust have purchased an additional 3,075,000 Units in connection with the exercise of their over-allotment option.
Including this exercise of the over-allotment option, the gross proceeds of the Offering were US$310,011,250, consisting of 23,575,000 Units offered at US$13.15 per Unit.
The Trust will use the net proceeds of this Offering to acquire physical silver bullion in accordance with the Trust's objective and subject to the Trust's investment and operating restrictions described in the prospectus related to this Offering. The net proceeds of the Offering per Unit are greater than 100% of the most recently calculated net asset value per Unit of the Trust prior to pricing of the Offering, as required under the trust agreement governing the Trust.
The Units are listed on NYSE Arca and the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols "PSLV" and "PHS.U", respectively. The Offering was made simultaneously in the United States and Canada by underwriters led by Morgan Stanley and RBC Capital Markets in the United States and RBC Capital Markets and Morgan Stanley in Canada.This news release does not constitute an offer to sell or a solicitation of an offer to buy the Units, nor shall there be any sale of the Units in any state or jurisdiction in which such an offer, solicitation or sale would be unlawful prior to registration or qualification under the securities laws of any such jurisdiction.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV