A Milestone Day For CA Students Passing The Uniform Evaluation
TORONTO, Nov. 30, 2012 /CNW/ - The Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants (CICA) congratulates the 3,077 students who have passed the profession's 2012 Uniform Evaluation (UFE).
The UFE is one of the most challenging professional examinations anywhere. "These are ambitious individuals and they deserve congratulations for a significant achievement," said Kevin Dancey, FCPA, FCA, president and CEO, CICA. "The individuals should be proud of their accomplishment as it positions them for a career path that can offer a lifetime of rewards."
Over a national three-day evaluation process, the UFE assesses CA candidate competencies including knowledge, professional judgment and ethics. The UFE is an important component of an extensive qualification program.
"A career milestone has been achieved and many of the outstanding individuals celebrating today will become the inspiring leaders of tomorrow recognized for their financial expertise, strategic thinking, business insight and leadership," stressed Dancey.This year, the prestigious Governor General's Gold Medal along with the Chartered Accountants of Canada cash prize of $5,000 for the highest standing in Canada on the 2012 UFE has been awarded to Joshua Huff, KPMG LLP, Waterloo, Ontario. "I was shocked to be honest," said Huff. "I thought I could have made honour roll, that was a goal of mine. For me, being able to stay calm was a big advantage because it allowed me to actually demonstrate what I knew." The Chartered Accountants of Canada regional Gold Medal awards for the highest standing in the UFE (and a cash prize of $2,500 each) go to:
- Jonathan Dubuc, Chiasson Gauvreau Inc., Châteauguay, Quebec ( Quebec)
- Lauren McQuaid, BDO Canada LLP, Charlottetown, P.E.I. ( Eastern Canada)
- Paula Overguard, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, Calgary, Alberta
- Ivan Wong, KPMG LLP, Vancouver, B.C.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV