1. As of noon trading, St Jude Medical ( STJ) is up $0.40 (1.2%) to $34.09 on heavy volume Thus far, 4.9 million shares of St Jude Medical exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.7 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $33.99-$35.06 after having opened the day at $34.75 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $33.69. St. Jude Medical, Inc. develops, manufactures, and distributes cardiovascular and implantable neurostimulation medical devices worldwide. It operates in four segments: Cardiac Rhythm Management, Cardiovascular, Atrial Fibrillation, and Neuromodulation. St Jude Medical has a market cap of $10.1 billion and is part of the health care sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 13.8, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 4.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are 13 analysts that rate St Jude Medical a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 13 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates St Jude Medical as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its reasonable valuation levels, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Get the full St Jude Medical Ratings Report now. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass If you are interested in one of these 4 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the health services industry could consider Health Care Select Sector SPDR ( XLV) while those bearish on the health services industry could consider ProShares Ultra Short Health Care ( RXD). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts