An Employee Of Alex Energy Dies Following A Mine Incident
BRISTOL, Va., Nov. 30, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- An employee of Alex Energy, Inc. working as an electrician at the Pocahontas Mine in Green Valley, W.Va., suffered fatal injuries today after being struck by a scoop used to transport supplies within the mine.
Steven O'Dell, 27, passed away this morning after being rushed by ambulance to Greenbrier Valley Medical Center in Ronceverte, W.Va. His family has been notified.
State and Federal mine safety and health officials were promptly notified and are currently investigating the incident. The company is cooperating with their investigation.
Craig Boggs, President of Alex Energy said, "We are all saddened by the loss of a talented colleague and friend. Our sympathies go out to the O'Dell family. The prayers and thoughts of all of us are with Steven's family at this difficult time."SOURCE Alpha Natural Resources, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV