Seagate Technology plc (NASDAQ: STX) today announced that Steve Luczo, president, CEO and chairman of Seagate has been named one of Fortune Magazine’s top Businesspersons of the Year for 2012. This prestigious annual ranking honors the top performing leaders across multiple industries.
Selections were made from a variety of factors, including financial results, stock performance and market value of the company, as well as strategic savvy, the ability to gracefully steer a very large organization, risk taking, and cultural significance.
One of only a handful of Silicon Valley leaders on the list, Luczo was honored alongside luminaries such as Jeff Bezos of Amazon, Tim Cook of Apple, Larry Page of Google, Warren Buffett of Berkshire Hathaway, Oh-Hyun Kwon of Samsung, Larry Ellison of Oracle and Ginni Rometty of IBM. Of Luczo, Fortune said, “Luczo took over a company with declining market share, rising costs, and massive debt. Fast forward to 2012: Seagate has achieved record revenues and profits and has regained its position as the largest hard disk manufacturer in the world.”
“This is clearly a tremendous honor that also recognizes the thousands of employees at Seagate who have dedicated themselves to helping Seagate become one of the best technology companies in the world,” said Steve Luczo. “This recognition reflects our commitment to deliver the best products and services in the storage industry.”About Seagate Seagate is a world leader in hard disk drives and storage solutions. Learn more at www.seagate.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV