Dog Licenses For 2013 Now Available At County Treasurer Offices
HARRISBURG, Pa., Nov. 30, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Pennsylvanians can purchase annual dog licenses from county treasurers beginning Dec. 1. State law requires all dogs three months and older to be licensed by Jan. 1 each year.
"A dog license is an inexpensive way to keep peace of mind in the event your dog gets lost," Agriculture Secretary George Greig said. "It's your dog's ticket home, and it's the law."
An annual license is $8.45 and a lifetime license is $51.45. If the animal is spayed or neutered, the annual fee is $6.45 and lifetime is $31.45. Discounts are available to older adults and people with disabilities.
A new website, www.licenseyourdogPA.com, helps dog owners access a dog license application, county treasurer contact information, Pennsylvania's dog laws and an online tip form."This new website is a resource for all your dog licensing questions," Greig said. "We're making it easier for you to stay in compliance with the law and provide that extra protection for your dog." Licensing fees support the department's Dog Law Enforcement Office, which is responsible for ensuring the welfare of dogs, regulating dangerous dogs and overseeing annual licensing and rabies vaccinations. Owners who fail to license their dogs could face a fine of up to $300 for each unlicensed dog. For more information, visit www.licenseyourdogPA.com or call the Dog Law Enforcement Office at 717-787-3062. Media contact: Samantha Elliott Krepps, 717-787-5085 SOURCE Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV