BANGALORE, India, November 30, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Infosys, a global leader in consulting and technology, today announced that it will be transferring the listing of its American Depositary Shares (ADS) to the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) from the NASDAQ Global Select Market (NASDAQ). The company is also seeking to list its ADS on the Paris and London exchanges of NYSE Euronext.
Infosys ADS will begin trading on the NYSE Euronext markets in the U.S. under the ticker symbol 'INFY' on December 12, 2012. Until the transfer is complete, Infosys ADS will continue to trade in the U.S. under the ticker symbol 'INFY' on the NASDAQ. Once the separate Euronext listing process is complete, Infosys ADS will begin trading on the NYSE Euronext markets in Paris and London.
The NYSE Euronext listing will not change Infosys float, share/ADR count and capital structure."Our decision to transfer our American Depositary Shares listing to NYSE is motivated by a desire to leverage the NYSE Euronext partnership to empower our investor base, increase access to our stock for European investors and broaden the trading window available for our global investors," said S. D. Shibulal, CEO and MD, Infosys. "We thank NASDAQ for the support and partnership we received from them as we took the Infosys brand to the global market, and we look forward to a strong and long engagement with NYSE Euronext." "Infosys is a global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing, and we welcome the company's decision to transfer its listing to the NYSE," said Duncan Niederauer, CEO, NYSE Euronext. "Infosys will benefit greatly from our leading global community, superior visibility platform, and innovative market structure and technology. We look forward to building an outstanding partnership with Infosys and its shareholders in order to further unlock the company's potential." About Infosys
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV