NY Gov Acts To Speed Up Sandy Insurance Claims
"The claims professionals and adjusters for all of our members are working extraordinary hours to help every one of their customers in need, even in some cases as they deal with the storm's impact on their own families," Baldwin said.
The state Department of Financial Services will also post online report cards that will rate insurance companies' performance. The website is at www.NYInsure.ny.gov .
"They will be held accountable for their performance," said Cuomo, noting he regulates and licenses the companies.
State Financial Services Superintendent Benjamin Lawsky is continuing a moratorium in Bronx, Kings, Nassau New York, Orange, Queens, Richmond, Rockland, Suffolk and Westchester counties that prohibits companies from canceling homeowners' and small business insurance for any reason, including nonpayment of premiums, through Dec. 15.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV