Walgreens (NYSE: WAG) (Nasdaq: WAG) tomorrow will welcome the public to the official opening of its 8,000 th store nationwide and its first flagship store on the West Coast, located in Los Angeles at the iconic corner of Sunset and Vine. The store, which opens to the public at 10 a.m. Saturday, Dec. 1, features an extensive collection of innovative offerings, products and services unexpected from a drugstore.
“We are thrilled to locate our milestone 8,000 th store and latest flagship store at such a famous intersection as we bring a format unlike any traditional drugstore to the Hollywood community,” said Joe Magnacca, Walgreens president of daily living products and solutions. “Walgreens aims to be America’s first choice for health and daily living, and we look forward to providing an exceptional experience for our customers as we help them get, stay and live well.”
Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa said, “I’m very proud that Walgreens has chosen Los Angeles for its milestone 8,000 th store, and is providing Hollywood residents with more access to pharmacy, health and wellness services. This flagship location brings not only a unique retail offering to this community, but also additional jobs and economic investment that help build a vibrant neighborhood.”
The store’s expanded features include:
- A LOOK Boutique beauty department featuring dozens of prestige and niche cosmetic, skincare and hair care brands not typically found in drugstores. As part of it, Britain’s leading skincare brand, No7, created by Boots, will be available in a Walgreens store for the first time. No7 is well known for its internationally acclaimed range of anti-aging beauty serums, all independently scientifically tested. (The availability of No7 products at this Walgreens follows the strategic partnership between Walgreens and Alliance Boots, the leading international pharmacy-led health and beauty group. Last June, Walgreens and Alliance Boots entered into a strategic transaction designed to create the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise.) The LOOK Boutique also will have specially-trained beauty advisors, including a No7 beauty advisor, on hand to offer guidance finding the best solutions for individual needs. Expert shaping and grooming services will be available at the Eyebrow Bar.
- An enhanced, state-of-the-art pharmacy designed to encourage greater interaction between pharmacists and patients. Team member “health guides” will help pharmacy customers navigate a wide range of health and wellness products, services and resources including immunizations and health tests. The pharmacy also features an “Ask Your Pharmacist” desk, consultation rooms and Express Rx kiosks for swift checkout.
- A wide variety of fresh hand-rolled sushi and sashimi prepared daily.
- An Upmarket Café offering a barista preparing fresh brewed premium coffee, espressos, as well as iced and frozen options.
- A juice and smoothie bar featuring fresh fruits and vegetables included in the 24 distinct recipes available. Customers can also enjoy eight flavors of self-serve frozen yogurt accompanied by an enticing toppings bar.
- Hundreds of fresh food items including produce and high-quality, on-the-go meal options such as wraps, sandwiches and salads made fresh daily.
- A best-in-class wine selection boasting more than 700 fine wines that will pair well with the store’s assortment of artisan and brie cheeses as well as specialty meats, decadent chocolates and more. A Beverage Wizard kiosk provides food and beverage pairing recommendations.
- A Coca-Cola Freestyle machine dispensing 130 varieties of Coca Cola fountain drinks.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV