Kohl's Corp Stock Buy Recommendation Reiterated (KSS)
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- KSS's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 2.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 2.6%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- KOHL'S CORP has improved earnings per share by 13.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, KOHL'S CORP increased its bottom line by earning $4.38 versus $3.69 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.58 versus $4.38).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500, but is less than that of the Multiline Retail industry average. The net income increased by 1.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $211.00 million to $215.00 million.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.75, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. Even though the company has a strong debt-to-equity ratio, the quick ratio of 0.15 is very weak and demonstrates a lack of ability to pay short-term obligations.
- 38.10% is the gross profit margin for KOHL'S CORP which we consider to be strong. Regardless of KSS's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, KSS's net profit margin of 4.80% compares favorably to the industry average.
--Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff. Holiday Special: Subscribe to Action Alerts PLUS to see how Jim Cramer trades his $2.5 Million+ portfolio for 51% off the list price. Your first 14-days are FREE: Sign up today to get e-mail alerts before every trade
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts