United Insurance Holdings Corp. (OTCBB: UIHC) (the Company), a property and casualty insurance holding company, today announced that it has commenced an underwritten public offering of 5,300,075 shares of its common stock, of which 5,000,000 shares will be sold by the Company and 300,075 shares will be sold by existing stockholders of the Company. The Company will not receive any proceeds from the sale of the shares by the selling stockholders. In addition, the Company has granted the underwriters of the offering an option to purchase an additional 750,000 shares of the Company’s common stock to cover over-allotments, if any. Proceeds from this offering are intended for general corporate purposes, including statutory capital in support of growth.
Upon the closing of the offering, the Company expects that its common stock will be listed on The Nasdaq Capital Market, under the symbol “UIHC.”
Raymond James & Associates, Inc. is serving as book-running manager of the proposed offering. Sterne, Agee & Leach, Inc. is serving as co-manager. The offering will be made only by means of a prospectus. A copy of the preliminary prospectus relating to this offering, when available, may be obtained from Raymond James & Associates, Inc., 880 Carillon Parkway, St. Petersburg, Florida 33716, (800)-248-8863.
A registration statement relating to these securities has been filed with the SEC, but has not yet become effective. These securities may not be sold nor may offers to buy be accepted prior to the time that the registration statement becomes effective. This press release shall not constitute an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy, nor shall there be any sale of these securities in any state or jurisdiction in which such offer, solicitation or sale would be unlawful prior to registration or qualification under the securities laws of any such state or jurisdiction.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV