URS Corporation (NYSE: URS) today announced that it has been awarded a contract from the U.S. Army Contracting Command in Rock Island, Illinois, to provide operations and maintenance services to support the U.S. Department of State at numerous locations.
The contract, which includes a base period of one year with two three-month option periods, has a maximum value of approximately $111 million to URS, if all option periods are exercised. Under the contract, URS will provide maintenance support and property accountability for military equipment for the Department of State and Office of Security Cooperation – Iraq. URS will support critical equipment including a variety of tactical communications systems, the Giraffe radar-based surveillance and air defense command and control system, and the FLIR Star SAFIRE III sensor systems.
Commenting on the contract, Randall A. Wotring, President of Federal Services for URS, said: “URS is proud to continue our support to United States Army and Department of State. We look forward to serving the State Department, one of our long-term federal sector clients, on this important program.”
URS Corporation (NYSE: URS) is a leading provider of engineering, construction and technical services for public agencies and private sector companies around the world. The Company offers a full range of program management; planning, design and engineering; systems engineering and technical assistance; construction and construction management; operations and maintenance; information technology; and decommissioning and closure services. URS provides services for power, infrastructure, industrial, oil and gas, and federal projects and programs. Headquartered in San Francisco, URS Corporation has more than 57,000 employees in a network of offices in nearly 50 countries ( http://www.urs.com).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV