Tvsdesign Receives The 2012 Urban Land Institute's Global Award For Excellence
ATLANTA, Nov. 30, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- tvsdesign was recently honored for the design and planning of the Levine Center for the Arts in Charlotte, NC when the project received the ULI's 2012 Global Award for Excellence. This international award is widely acknowledged as one of the industry's most prestigious recognitions.
The Levine Center for the Arts was selected as one of 14 winners from around the world that demonstrate ingenuity, innovation and long-term thinking which can be embraced in other scenarios, according to Randall K. Rowe, chairman of the awards jury and chairman of Green Courte Partners LLC. tvsdesign Associate Principal, David Brown, accepted the award at the conclusion of ULI's 75th Anniversary Fall Meeting in Denver.
"tvsdesign is honored that The Levine Center for the Arts has been recognized not only as a model of the ever-evolving urban experience, but among smart-growth, environmentally responsible developments from across the globe," Brown said. "It's so fitting for a project conceived in such a collaborative spirit to receive an award that celebrates so many aspects of that collaboration."
Located on the southernmost edge of uptown Charlotte, the Levine Center for the Arts, developed by Wells Fargo Group, represents a world class urban experience and has laid the groundwork for the beginnings of a blossoming cultural arts revolution within the city. This dynamic development transforms over four acres of surface parking lots on three separate blocks within Charlotte's Center City into a vibrant and high-energy arts district.Progressive architecture interwoven with public art and carefully planned open spaces provide the opportunity for new retail and restaurants to activate and enhance the street level experience. Highlights of the project include four cultural facilities:
- Knight Theater - a 1,200 seat performing arts facility by tvsdesign
- The Harvey B. Gantt Center for African American Arts and Culture by The Freelon Group
- The Bechtler Museum of Modern Art by Mario Botta
- The Mint Museum of Craft + Design by Machado and Silvetti Associates
- The Duke Energy Center by tvsdesign- the first and tallest office tower to receive the highest level of certification under the USGBC's LEED for Core and Shell rating system Version 2.0.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts