- TD employees know first-hand the benefit of giving to Children's Miracle Network member hospitals -
TORONTO, Nov. 30, 2012 /CNW/ - Most Canadians have a story about a Children's Miracle Network member hospital, either through first-hand experience or that of someone they know - and the impact is significant. TD employees have also come together to share their stories of how Children's Miracle Network has touched their lives.
"When I say your world has changed as you know it - it's an understatement - and when you think about having a child that is healthy and active, the last thing on your mind is what type of support they will need to live a full life. You certainly don't think about whether or not they are going to make it," says Laurrell Mohammed, Manager, Corporate & Public Affairs, TD Bank Group. "There's often never an answer to 'why?' but there is an answer about what we can do."
This video showcases personal stories of remarkable and courageous children and their families who have benefited from the research, care and excellence in care available at Children's Miracle Network member hospitals. Saving and improving the lives of millions of kids is made possible through generous contributions to Children's Miracle Network."Our customers and employees continue to show their support year after year by raising awareness and making contributions to local children's hospitals and we're thrilled to have reached an incredible $50 million milestone in giving," says Tim Hockey, President & CEO, TD Canada Trust. "We are also honoured to have been named Children's Miracle Network Hospitals North American Corporate Partner of the Year, and hope to continue inspiring Canadians to give to such a great cause." Through its support of the Children's Miracle Network over the past 16 years, TD has now raised more than 50 million dollars and been inspired by the impact it has had on the lives of millions of children and families as well as its very own employees. In recognition of this contribution to changing the landscape of pediatric healthcare, TD has been named Children's Miracle Network Hospitals North American Corporate Partner of the Year. As we celebrate these amazing accomplishments, TD reminds Canadians that their donations truly make a difference in the lives of millions of children and their families. TD is asking Canadians to continue supporting Children's Miracle Network, by making a donation at a local TD Canada Trust branch during the Annual Monthly Donation (AMD) campaign this December. Whether the contribution is big or small, all funds will go towards saving and improving the lives of children at local Children's Miracle Network member hospitals. In addition, TD matches annual donations, up to $1 million. Between December 1 and 15, TD Canada Trust customers can support Children's Miracle Network by setting up an automated monthly donation in-branch at any TD Canada Trust or login at EasyWeb and go to Special Requests and click on Make a Donation . Children's Miracle Network Facts:
- Today alone in Canada, 4,900 kids will go through the doors of a children's hospital.
- Children's Miracle Network helps to fund 14 children's hospitals across Canada coast to coast.
- Donations made at TD Canada Trust to Children's Miracle Network are invested in your local children's hospital's critical needs.
- Children's Miracle Network ensures hospitals can offer the flexibility to respond quickly and deliver the best in patient care.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV