PANAMA CITY, Nov. 30, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The Board of Directors of Copa Holdings, S.A. (NYSE: CPA) at in an extraordinary meeting held on November 27, 2012, declared a dividend of US$2.25 per share which represents approximately 30% of the company's estimated annual consolidated net income for 2012. As a result, the dividend declared represents an annual dividend of US$2.25 per share on all outstanding Class A and Class B shares, which will be paid on December 27, 2012 to stockholders of record as of December 12, 2012.
The company typically reviews its dividend policy in May and pays its annual dividend in June every year. However given the possibility of an expiration of the preferential United States federal tax rates on qualified dividend income after December 31, 2012, and that a significant amount of the shareholders take advantage of such preferential rates, the company opted to bring forward its dividend to December 2012.
About Copa Holdings Copa Holdings is a leading Latin American provider of passenger and cargo services. The Company, through its operating subsidiaries, provides service to 64 destinations in 29 countries in North, Central and South America and the Caribbean with one of the youngest and most modern fleets in the industry, consisting of 83 aircraft: 57 Boeing 737NG aircraft and 26 EMBRAER-190s. For more information visit www.copaair.com .
CPA-GSOURCE Copa Holdings, S.A.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV